Podcasts are so great to listen to while working or killing time on a long drive. They are so diverse, too. There is probably a podcast (or multiple podcasts!) for whatever interests you. I listen to most of my favorite podcasts on iTunes, but you can also listen to them directly on the website for each podcast.
I have noticed recently that a lot of my friends have been asking for suggestions on good podcasts to listen to. So, I figured I’d put together a list of my favorite podcasts.
My Top 10 Favorite Podcasts (At The Moment):
- My Favorite Murder – My, without a doubt, favorite podcast. I’ve listened to every episode and look forward to their new episodes every Thursday. (They also have minisodes on Mondays!) Karen and Georgia, the hosts of MFM, talk for a while before they each read a murder story. This podcast is definitely not for everyone. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but then I was hooked. It’s a true crime/comedy podcast. If you don’t like true crime, then you probably won’t like this podcast. Otherwise, give it a listen!
- Natch Beaut – This has quickly become one of my favorites. I freaking love Natch Beaut. Jackie Johnson is the amazing and hilarious host of Natch Beaut and each week she dishes on all things beauty. Each episode is dedicated to one or two beauty related topics. She also reviews some beauty products. She’s talked about dumpster diving, botox, how Wet-N-Wild is a really good makeup brand now, and so much more. There’s a new episode every Friday!
- Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast – I think Bill Burr is hilarious and love listening to him rant every Monday and Thursday. He talks about comedy, his personal life, sports, and reads e-mails from fans. It’s highly entertaining.
- Anna Faris Is Unqualified – Anna is charming in this celebrity-interview/relationship advice podcast. Each week, Anna interviews a new guest and asks them funny questions. Then they call two listeners who need relationship advice and they give the best advice they can. It’s a lighthearted listen- something that I definitely need after listening to My Favorite Murder.
- Up and Vanished – I’m obsessed with Up and Vanished. The host, Payne Lindsey, follows the unsolved disappearance of Tara Grinstead. She disappeared from a small town in Georgia 10+ years ago. However, likely due to the podcast, this case has new information, two arrests, and we are starting to learn pieces of what happened. It’s a truly captivating story.
- The Dollop – Dave and Gareth are the hosts of The Dollop. Dave reads Gareth these random, interesting stories from history and Gareth comments on them. It’s very entertaining. I recommend episode #250- aka the best golf story I’ve ever heard.
- Casefile – Casefile is the ultimate true crime podcast. They thoroughly research every story and provide a lot of details. Which, sometimes, I don’t want all of those details. (Which is why MFM is at the top of the list instead of Casefile.) It really is an excellent true crime podcast.
- The Business Of Photography Podcast – My favorite photography related podcast. They talk about running a business, the creative process, marketing, and so much more. I’ve filled pages of notes from this podcast. Obviously, it is not for everyone, but if you are a photographer, or even an entrepreneur, you will probably find some useful information from it.
- The Simple Show – I like The Simple Show because it’s a little bit of everything. Travel, food, books, family life, and everything in between.
- Let’s Not Panic – This podcast follows Adam and Maggie’s epic adventure as they travel through South America in their car/home, a Toyota 4-Runner. I love listening to them chronicle their adventure.
Well, there you have it. Some of my current favorite podcasts. I may update this list down the road when I discover some new favorites.
What are some of your favorite podcasts?